What did you do today? You probably just woke up from your bed, got ready, and took a bus or car to reach college or work. There, you might have taken the lift to your floor. With this example, we wanted to remind you how mechanical engineering plays an essential role in this aspect, from the manufacturing of vehicles to facilities at the office or home. Mechanical engineers, directly or indirectly, have a vital role in every facet of our lives. In this blog, we’ll explore emerging technologies and predictions for the future of mechanical engineering.
What is Mechanical Engineering?
Mechanical Engineering is the field of science that designs and manufactures automated systems and devices. Moreover, for Students from the best Engineering Colleges in Chandigarh, maintenance and testing of such machinery are vital responsibilities. The mechanical engineering field is inundated with thermodynamics, mechanics, fluids, and structural analysis principles. Machinery and vehicles: mechanical engineers learn to develop vehicles and engines, complex machinery systems, and power equipment.
Eligibility Criteria – To get admission at CGC, Landran in B.Tech Mechanical Engineering, the candidate must have completed their 10+2 with a recognized board.
Trends & Future Scope of Mechanical Engineering
A career in Mechanical Engineering from the B.tech Mechanical College in Punjab is projected to be very rewarding; this career path opens up various career opportunities in diverse fields. According to a report, this FieldField is expected to grow by 7% by 2030. On average, over 20,000+ mechanical engineers are hired every year.
Also, with the advancement of new technologies, the scope of engineering is increasing daily, which includes robotics, geomechanics, nanotechnology, and computer-aided designs.
Impact of Technology on Mechanical Engineering
In today’s time, technology has enabled mechanical engineers to develop more efficient and effective solutions to complex problems. With advanced technology, new materials, and innovative ideas, mechanical engineers are set to make a significant impact in the future.
Here is the list of technologies that are changing the industry.
- Internet of Things – It is also known as IoT. It refers to the collective network of connected devices and the technologies that facilitate communication between devices and the cloud.
- 3D printing – This process is also known as three-dimensional printing. This process, known as additive manufacturing, brings digital designs to life by printing thin layers of material and meticulously fusing them together, creating physical objects.
- Robotics – Robotics is a branch of engineering that deals with the conception, designing, manufacturing, and operations of robotics.
- Artificial intelligence – Artificial Intelligence refers to the imitations of human intelligence by software-coded heuristics. Nowadays, this code is frequently used in everything from cloud-based enterprise applications to consumer apps and even embedded firmware.
- Nanotechnology – Nanotechnology manipulates matter near-atomically to produce new structures, materials, and devices.
- Automation – Automation is used to perform tasks with reduced human assistance.
Current Market Scenario of Mechanical Engineering
As per the data from Naukri.Com, the average yearly income for an engineer in mechanical engineering is 3-6 LPA, and knowledge of electrical systems and robotics will help you get higher pay packages. According to the data of global consultant firm Deloitte, it is expected to create more new opportunities for mechanical engineers in India.
Career Paths for Mechanical Engineering Graduates
According to the data of nukri.com, the average salary of mechanical engineers is around 3-6 LPA. There are a few skills that can add value to this compensation package. For example, knowledge of robotics process automation and a sound understanding of electrical systems can make a recruiting firm provide you with a better pay package, as per their need.
Top Recruiting Industries for Skilled Mechanical Engineers
- Automobile Industry – One of the fastest-growing industries, the automobile industry offers many Mechanical Engineering Jobs. From design to maintenance, some of the top automotive brands have started to invest in new talents for research and development to transform systems like driverless cars, bullet trains, etc.
- Aerospace Industry – from developing a flying car to reusable satellites and rockets, the aerospace industry is not far behind. With technological advancements, the aerospace industry is rapidly expanding its reach. The industry offers a variety of job opportunities for graduates, such as inventory management, robotics, mechatronics, etc.
- Robotics and Mechatronics- Robotics process automation and robotics are blooming new trends. Almost every industry seeks automation solutions to increase efficiency and reduce operating costs. However, implementing the same requires the supervision and efforts of skilled mechanical engineers.
- Solar Thermal Energy Conservation – Solar thermal energy is a rapidly growing energy source that will increase in the coming years. The price of solar panels will continue to fall. Making it more budget-friendly for businesses and individuals to install solar panels.
Top Private Companies for Mechanical Engineers
- TATA Group – One of India’s largest and most successful business groups, TATA Group holds the top position in the mechanical engineering industry.
- Thermax – Thermax is an Indian energy and environment engineering company known for its boilers and toughened glasses.
- Larsen & Toubro – This L&T group is a dream job for every engineering student. So many jobs are available for freshers in the L&T group, L&T Services, L&T Solar, etc.
- The Godrej Group – Leaders of Refrigerators & Air Conditioning. Mechanical engineers can easily find jobs in IT, Manufacturing, product design, etc.
- Ashok Leyland – India’s most renowned automobile manufacturing company, offers numerous jobs for mechanical engineers. The company allows freshers to work in manufacturing, IT, Products, etc.
- Kirloskar – Kirloskar – An Indian company based in Pune that employs mechanical engineers to produce engines and parts, compressors, valves, pumps, agricultural products, refrigeration, and air conditioning-related items.
- General Motors – General Motors is India’s 5th largest automobile exporter. GM India hires freshers from mechanical engineering colleges for manufacturing, product design, IT, and Production operations.
- Siemens – Siemens is a multinational company with 19 factories in India alone and operations worldwide.
- Mahindra & Mahindra – The company works in automotive farm equipment, information technology, and related business.
Top government organizations for Mechanical Engineers
- BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited) – It is one of the largest engineering companies of its kind in India. Our team actively manufactures, designs, constructs, tests, and services a wide range of products and services.
- HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited) – One of the largest companies in India. Luckily offers entry-level job opportunities to mechanical engineering freshers.
- DRDO (Defence Research & Development Organization) – DRDO works in the field of military technology. Which includes aeronautics, Combat Vehicles, electronics, instrumentation,etc.
- NHPC (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation) – NHPC Promotes, and plans to integrate the development of a hydroelectric program in India. They have so many job opportunities for mechanical engineers in so many areas of operations.
- ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) – ISRO is a government-run organization in India. Mechanical Engineering Freshers because of the large scale of business operations.
Benefits of pursuing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering at CGC Landran
CGC Landran has a range of opportunities for students pursuing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering, Equipping them with the knowledge, skills, and experiences needed in this diverse and ever-evolving field.
CGC Landran provides top-quality education to students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate programs in mechanical engineering By providing them with leading-edge laboratoratories, an Innovative center for R&D activities, Advanced pieces of equipment that meet the highest global standards, and incubating distinct ideas via IEDC Cell.
Whether the students are seeking job opportunities in Maharatna and Navratna companies such as BHEL, GAIL, NHPC, NTPC, etc. or they aspire to work for globally recognized companies like MRF, Royal Enfield, etc. CGC, Landran helps them get placed with remarkable packages at any of these companies with the highest package of 12 LPA.
Conclusion – Mechanical engineering is a field that offers great potential for growth and career progression in India and abroad. Opportunities for qualified mechanical engineers abound in the fields of automotive, aerospace, oil exploration, rail car manufacturing, and research and development.With the increasing use of technology, the demand for mechanical engineers has expanded into fields such as robotics, biomedicine, nanotechnology, artificial intelligence, and energy conservation. So what are you waiting for? Apply Now.
Quick Read: Benefits of Early Online Learning